Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Stillness: The calm before the Storm

It's still 2009... Just!
Before revealing those inevitable goals to you
(N0! Not resolutions ;-)
I'm desperately trying to finish off something
that I started after my last trip to London
IN MARCH
A simple quote that touched my soul
and lit my lightbulb
from the programme of a dance performance ...
by a great composer:

"Stillness is our most intense mode of action. 
It is in our moments of deep quiet 
that is born every idea, emotion and drive 
which we eventually honour with the name of action. 



In stillness every human being is great; 
he is free from the experience of hostility; 
he is a poet and most like an Angel."


Leonard Bernstein



Nearly finished it...
it's still missing something.
Colour?
Light?
A focal point?
Decisions!
And time is running out...
Later on today
A wish...
and a 100th post giveaway
In the stillness
before the whirlwind of 2010 arrives ;-)



Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Compose yourself in stillness, draw your attention inward and devote your mind to the Self. The wisdom you seek lies within. ~ Bhagavad Gita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quotes and my husband gave me this great book:
    Joan Lunden's Wake up Calls

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~aahh...you had me waiting with great anticipation! thank you for sharing...i have never read or heard this and LOVE it...to STILLNESS may we let it resonate within us! your sign yet again..so simply sweet...very inspiring! brightest blessings and cheers to the new year. i am delighted to walk along this journey with you~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ange, your post is wonderful. The thoughts, your art, your dedication to completion. May its final touches arrive with grace. Wishing you a wonderful 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Angie,

    What a beautiful quote. I had to read it twice and have it sink into the fibers of my brain. When I look at the plank and the spirited calligraphy, I concur that something is missing.

    My first thought was a piece of yarn or fabric as if caught on a piece of splinter, allowing it to be long enough so that any air motion gives movement, gives the piece the 'quiet action' that is expressed in the quote.

    After having read it post twice, another element came to mind, a feather. A feather the Angel has left behind.

    So I offer my suggestion that section of yarn snared by splinted, from which hangs a feather from a hawk or a falcon you found in the fields nearby.

    As I have a ways to go till I reach my 100th post, which allows me to contemplate upon my offer of a 'giveaway', I wish you good luck with yours.

    Wishing you and your family all the very best for 2010.

    Warmest regards
    Egmont

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice post Ange. I love the quote and your lettering!

    ReplyDelete

Can't think of a famous quote that says 'communication makes the world go round' so you 'll just have to get my clumsy way of putting it instead ;-) Your comments are precious. Thanks for dropping by!