Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Open the door and light the way...



It is just an old door adorned with an albeit ornate 'applique.'
They are relics of broken pieces left discarded, wet and black, by the firemen which were lovingly rescued and reincarnated by me on return from holidays in Australia.
Amusingly, this is the piece in my house that, at every sale I have held, everyone most wants to buy.  Yet, it is one of the few things I still can't let go of...
This old door still has a story to tell.
Watch this space!
Soon its secrets will be illuminated ...

2 comments:

  1. I love the door and light fixture. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yours is really vivid and interesting. I love the old wood boards you paint on.

    ReplyDelete

Can't think of a famous quote that says 'communication makes the world go round' so you 'll just have to get my clumsy way of putting it instead ;-) Your comments are precious. Thanks for dropping by!